introduction to language learning 8

 

Dear Erik,

        Merry Christmas! Christmas has always been my favourite holiday because there are a lot of delicious food, pretty gifts, and wonderful songs; everything about Christmas is just so joyful! I wish someday I can go to Europe to celebrate Christmas and have some different experiences. I feel like I have written a lot of things in this blog; I pretty much have shared most of my learning experiences. Therefore, today I want to share with you one of the poems I wrote and briefly talk about how writing can help me improve my English. This is a poem about Christmas, hope you like it!

I saw a couple

Kissing in the rain

With the light I was able

To see they part but kiss again

Though the rain has blurred their merry face

And no longer can I hear their charming laugh

I know they are joyful for the Christmas grace

And in a day like this

I wish you were there

To wish me a Merry Christmas

This poem is for everyone who does not have a boyfriend or girlfriend; I hope you can all find your Mr /Mrs. Right! And if you look closely, this poem is actually written in the shape of a Christmas tree!

        Now I want to share with you my experience in keeping an English diary. I used to hate writing (no matter it’s Chinese or English) because I always think writing is hard and difficult. However, when I start reading and watching lots of English books and movies, I try to keep a diary in English and I think it kind of helps me find my interest in writing. When I first start to keep an English diary, I have difficulty in finding the right words I want to use, but I always look up those words and it helps me learn a lot of vocabulary. Moreover, the more I write, the more I fall in love with writing. I start to write short stories and poems, and I always write down the beautiful sentences I read or hear in books and movies. I love witting some descriptions of beautiful sceneries and I really learn a lot of useful vocabulary through this. When I start writing, I want to write beautiful sentences so I start to read more books and I also develop my interest in reading! I think before you learn a language, you need to learn how to love this language. The reason why I want to learn more about English is that I see the beauty in it. We need to be active in learning languages (actually we need to be active in learning everything). If we do not like this language and are always passive in learning it, we can never be better.

Comments

Popular Posts